The 500 Festival Community Day, put on by American Family Insurance, exists for only one reason: To give you a chance to take a lap around the world-famous Indianapolis Motor Speedway in your own car.
The people of Speedway, greater Indianapolis and all over Indiana, as well as auto racing fans across the United States, have spoken, and now they have a dream come true they can tell their kids about for years to come.
Imagine the thrill of driving that famous oval, where so many other dreams came true during the Indianapolis 500-mile race, the Allstate 400 at the Brickyard and other superstar racing competitions. You can almost feel the electrifying energy of the other powerful race cars next to you, the roar of a spellbound crowd in the stands filled with of hundreds of thousands of cheering fans.
Admission is only $7, and kids under six get in for free. Your 500 Festival Community Day ticket includes:
- One lap around the raceway
- Visit to “Pit Lane,” where you’ll find a display of dozens of vintage race cars
- Tour the Indy Racing League transport trailers
- Obtain past champions and Pro Series drivers’ autographs
- See the official timing and scoring area and suites in the famous “pagoda.”
- Pose in Victory Circle like a professional race car champion, complete with a wreath, trophy and the traditional glass of milk
- Visit the famous Indianapolis Motor Speedway Hall of Fame Museum
When you take your lap around the raceway make sure you have someone out there snapping a lot of pictures. You’ll want to remember those moments for the rest of your life.
500 Festival Community Day
Indianapolis Motor Speedway
9 am – 6 pm
Tickets: Adults $7, children under six, free
(Go to Gate #2 or Gate #10)